QA Architect role for a team or organization is critical for success. QA Architect roles can be following based on the what the team’s immediate needs and objectives,
- Could be a thinker to bring innovations especially for a matured agile team.
- Could be a trainer for a team which is not so matured with technology. QA Architect would help accelerate automation delivery here.
- Could be leader who gives technical direction and build strategy in selecting right tools , techniques and technologies
- A short term problem solver or a facilitator for long term process improvement.
Apart from Web and API automation skills, QA Architect must need to have following skills and technology knowledge,
- Experience in any of the cloud Techonologies like AWS, Azure or any similar one in market. Please refer AWS articles
- Experience in DevOps toolchain, please refer
- Jenkins, Jenkins pipeline creation, Jenkinsfile maintenance etc,
- Dockerfile creation, maintenance, container review, debugging knowledge
- Ansible, AWX console usage, playbook maintenance,
- SonarQube report analysis, rules settings, etc
- Jira, Confluence usages for automation results integration
- Gatling performance or similar performance test integration to Jenkins pipeline to make sure the workflow includes performance stage as well.
- Kibana visualization, ELK stack building and integration. This will help real time reporting on automation results and metrics.
- AI, Machine learning knowledge, experience on AI , ML tools and framework or libraries like Tensorflow
- Programming skills in Java, powershell, Python, R, Database experience, web development experience etc