Apex is a programming language for salesforce (only)
- Object Oriented Program, in which the data types have to defined.
- Allows developers for flow execution in force.com platforms.
- Enables developers to add business logic to most system events including button clicks, related record updates and visualforce pages.
Datatypes in Apex
Apex primitives include the following datatypes.
- Date Time
- ID- Any valid salesforce.com Id.
- Any object that can be stored in force.com platform database.
- sObject variable unlike primitive variable refers to row of data in salesforce. That is a complete record as a variable.